My mimic tang eye is popped out

Susanak6

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2017
Messages
68
Reaction score
89
Location
Fort Lauderdale
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got home and noticed that my mimic tang's popped out irbhas a bubble on it. What is it and what should I do? I haven't seen this before. I have not added anything new to the tank in 2 months. I've had him not for 8 months. He's still acting normal and eating fine. Any help is appreciated. My parameters are:
PH 8.0
Nitrate 10ppm
Phosphate a little less han 0.25ppm
Ammonia 0
Calcium 430
Alk 7.9
Salinity 1.024
Temp 80
1ded3f2051352a523d140e7c4cc0f5d8.jpg
 
Might have hit something. I would try too get him out to a hospital tank treat it with medication. It could be a bacterial infection.
 
Might have hit something. I would try too get him out to a hospital tank treat it with medication. It could be a bacterial infection.

I will try to get him or then but it'll be extremely difficult. If it's an injury, should I wait a little bit before attempting getting him out?
 
An easy way I get my fish out is turn off all flow and drop a block of algae/mysis/brine in a net and let it sit there. When he goes for a bite scoop him up
 
An easy way I get my fish out is turn off all flow and drop a block of algae/mysis/brine in a net and let it sit there. When he goes for a bite scoop him up

Ok. Thank you. Will try hay. He's usually pretty docile
 
I would dose some epsom salt to help with swelling... Im not sure what else you can do with an eye that bad besides watch for infections and source kanaplex, furan 2, and metroplex for when it gets out of hand!


Epsom Salt: Treats eye and other injuries. Popeye in one eye usually means injury, but popeye in both eyes usually denotes a bacterial infection requiring antibiotic treatment. Cloudy eye can be a bacterial infection or flukes.

How To Treat - 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of aquarium water. Repeat only once, if necessary. Use only “USP” grade Epsom salt.

Pros - Reef safe, as Epsom salt is just magnesium sulfate.

Cons/Side Effects - The effects of excessive sulfate in a reef aquarium are not fully known.
 
I would dose some epsom salt to help with swelling... Im not sure what else you can do with an eye that bad besides watch for infections and source kanaplex, furan 2, and metroplex for when it gets out of hand!


Epsom Salt: Treats eye and other injuries. Popeye in one eye usually means injury, but popeye in both eyes usually denotes a bacterial infection requiring antibiotic treatment. Cloudy eye can be a bacterial infection or flukes.

How To Treat - 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of aquarium water. Repeat only once, if necessary. Use only “USP” grade Epsom salt.

Pros - Reef safe, as Epsom salt is just magnesium sulfate.

Cons/Side Effects - The effects of excessive sulfate in a reef aquarium are not fully known.

I will do he epsom salt first. Then if not better or gets worse or progresses to the other eye, I'll love him out to hospital tank and treat him there. Thank you for all your help
 
On another note. He is a good looking fish.
Looks cute with a rosey lip.
 
I will do he epsom salt first. Then if not better or gets worse or progresses to the other eye, I'll love him out to hospital tank and treat him there. Thank you for all your help
No problem, best of luck to you!
 
Any update on the little guy.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top