My monster brittle star (the evil kind)

good information. I am mysteriously loosing fish. small Tangs, lsit a Connvict Tang, a Naso tang and a Diamond butterfly in 2 weeks. I have a monster of the green brittle star fish, a purple small lobster and also a banded shrimp. All the fish theat died had torn fins before they succumbed to the injuries. trying to figure out who could be the culprit.
 
good information. I am mysteriously loosing fish. small Tangs, lsit a Connvict Tang, a Naso tang and a Diamond butterfly in 2 weeks. I have a monster of the green brittle star fish, a purple small lobster and also a banded shrimp. All the fish theat died had torn fins before they succumbed to the injuries. trying to figure out who could be the culprit.
 
I heard that emerald crabs “could” eat off the brittle stars legs. I had a fairly good size one— about 1/2 the size of the large ones shown in this thread. Loved to watch him walk around, naturally. Woke up yesterday to find a body with little nubs. I doubt whether he’ll pull through, basically legless. :(
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top