My new acquisitions and an ID if possible

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2021
Messages
4,261
Reaction score
6,029
Location
Central Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought some new corals yesterday. One of which I like to label “Project Acropora” believed to be a tenius by the LFS however I don’t know if it’s a tenius or not. I call it “Project Acropora” cause well it was half dead and I got it for $5. I took it home, fragged all the live parts off of it just to see what it turns into. Under my halides it’s a purplish body with green polyps. Thoughts on if it’s a Tenius or some other species?

Oh and the new ones were sold as pink birdsnest (that’s a given), ORA Hawkins (not 100% on this one), and ORA Orange Setosa.
A9174AEF-4788-4B19-95C2-A17B22867589.jpeg


Thoughts on the ID of this guy? Tenius or something else?
DAC16D17-60B2-44C1-AF24-3FA94841DB1E.jpeg


Thoughts on the Hawkins ID? Seems a little too blue but yea. The LFS is not a ORA supplier and it came from a local.
F52E45EA-1778-4793-B5D8-1640850C2094.jpeg
 
Agree on 3/4 but The Project isn't on my list of 'known' corals? The picture you provided is pretty cool! Hope it survives and it grows up for you..
 
Thanks! I have 5 frags I was able to salvage off the original skeleton. Some are very tiny though so not sure if they will all live or not, but I figured it was worth a shot
 
That’s the same method I employ to acquire the lame and halt fishes and frags for rescue from the evil pet trade.

I got a thin baby Naso from PetCo for algae cleanup in my dirty reef.
The same tank has 5 frags from a Tenius? Colony that was for sale and 1/2 retracted. I pointed it out to the young clerk and he offered me a significant discount; He cut a lot of the dead branches off and told me that the “RTN had stopped and the colony would recover. “

I should have told him where to wipe himself with it but I paid full price and trimmed it to pieces and to his credit only one of them was dead the next day. It’s grey now but still has polyps extended and looks much worse than your blue beauty Project.

It is very difficult to id many corals from pictures but I think someone will give you an opinion re Tenius or? There are a few people who use this site who may chime in
Drunk Like A Boss GIF
 
So I bought some new corals yesterday. One of which I like to label “Project Acropora” believed to be a tenius by the LFS however I don’t know if it’s a tenius or not. I call it “Project Acropora” cause well it was half dead and I got it for $5. I took it home, fragged all the live parts off of it just to see what it turns into. Under my halides it’s a purplish body with green polyps. Thoughts on if it’s a Tenius or some other species?

Oh and the new ones were sold as pink birdsnest (that’s a given), ORA Hawkins (not 100% on this one), and ORA Orange Setosa.
A9174AEF-4788-4B19-95C2-A17B22867589.jpeg


Thoughts on the ID of this guy? Tenius or something else?
DAC16D17-60B2-44C1-AF24-3FA94841DB1E.jpeg


Thoughts on the Hawkins ID? Seems a little too blue but yea. The LFS is not a ORA supplier and it came from a local.
F52E45EA-1778-4793-B5D8-1640850C2094.jpeg
Top is star galaxea. Bottom a little fuzzy
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top