My new Many Banded Pipes, Pics

rocko918

I wanna be a rock star
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
1,288
Reaction score
5
Location
Bristow, VA -- NOVA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up these bad boys tuesday.

IMG_1706.jpg


IMG_1714.jpg


More pictures here >>>>> http://www.studiohbd.com/fishtanks/photos/manybandedpipefish/index.html
 
Beautiful Bob! Wonderful pics as well!

Did you get those from BRK?
 
Yes it is a pipe fish only tank. the only other thing in the tank is scarlets, snails and a cleaner shimp.

Yes John at BRK got them for me!
 
Last edited:
Just make sure they have live 'Pods to feed on...or live Brine shrimps. If you lucky they might feed on frozen food...

Have Fun!! :p

Don't worry. Bob is an expert at keeping pipes and sea horses. He is an awesome reefer as well! ;)
 
thanks Chirs. yes the tank has been setup since Feb 07 and fish free for over a month now. lots of pods and what not swimming around.
 
Bob,
Good old DMB. That live CD is still one of my favorites. It looks like those Pipes are more of a lower flow type of fish, would you agree?
 
Bob,
Good old DMB. That live CD is still one of my favorites. It looks like those Pipes are more of a lower flow type of fish, would you agree?

great song! Played it at our wedding.

I would say they are a low flow fish. They just happen to be near the return. It's a 33 g long and the return is on that side. that is really the only place with flow. I have a mag 5 dialed down, with a 20 gallon sump.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top