Hello Everyone!
After great success with my Biocube 29 I decided to upgrade to a larger tank and sump for better stability and options for more coral.
It was between the CAD Lights Artisan 70 gallon set up or the 57 gallon Deep Blue Edge and my pick of equipment. I decided to go with the Deep Blue because I really wanted a different sump and wasn't convinced their pump was "silent" like I know the Eheim's are. I also didn't like having a glass top as I prefer a screen.
So far so good...currently cycling with some Pukani rock and reef sand. Shouldn't take too long given the rock already being live with some dead rock rubble in the sump.
Here's what the final build will be (I just need to add another Kessil and more Pukani from my other tanks + make a screen top):
Anybody have suggestions outside of the usual Clownfish, Royal Gramma, PJ Cardinals, Chromis? I'm seeing most Anthias and Tangs need more space so I'm sort of at a loss...
Thanks for taking the time to read my post!
After great success with my Biocube 29 I decided to upgrade to a larger tank and sump for better stability and options for more coral.
It was between the CAD Lights Artisan 70 gallon set up or the 57 gallon Deep Blue Edge and my pick of equipment. I decided to go with the Deep Blue because I really wanted a different sump and wasn't convinced their pump was "silent" like I know the Eheim's are. I also didn't like having a glass top as I prefer a screen.
So far so good...currently cycling with some Pukani rock and reef sand. Shouldn't take too long given the rock already being live with some dead rock rubble in the sump.
Here's what the final build will be (I just need to add another Kessil and more Pukani from my other tanks + make a screen top):
- 57 gallon Deep Blue Edge
- 20 gallon sump with rock rubble (and will add cheato soon)
- Vertex Omega 130 skimmer
- Eheim Compact 2000 return pump
- 1 Vortech MP40
- 2 Tuna Blue Kessil 160's
- 30 pounds of Pukani live rock
Anybody have suggestions outside of the usual Clownfish, Royal Gramma, PJ Cardinals, Chromis? I'm seeing most Anthias and Tangs need more space so I'm sort of at a loss...
Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

One Yelloweye Koles Tang be ok.

