My RBTA is an ungrateful jerk

RyanHoan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2019
Messages
301
Reaction score
335
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent an hour or so making my rbta a nice home, and spent another few hours trying to get him off the rock and into the home. He spent about an hour in it and bounced!

the home is a pvc piling cap with rocks glued to it. I figured he’d like it, but I guess not? Any ideas why he hated it so much?
98C2BF40-FB98-4881-BE8B-23651E3FC02A.jpeg
6F6ED4D8-B4E6-4880-BB19-88F430D81ABD.jpeg
4C9B4933-CF51-4130-BEF0-B53781711445.jpeg
 
They will go where they like. Usually within the lighting that they prefer. They always move. Wait until it splits and you have 2,3,4 or more walking around. But typically when they get happy in one spot, they tend to stay there.
 
Check out this thread. Don’t know if it works.

 
That’s pretty much the same idea I had, right? Except it’s PVC and not rock.

Pretty sure my nem is just a jerk! He even closes up when the clowns try to interact with him.
 
I have found that RBTA's usually move around a fair bit when first introduced, but as long as your water parameters are correct and stable they usually find a spot they like and stay put after a week or two.

IME my BTA's like an area where they can expand into fairly strong lighting and retract back into rockwork if they feel threatened. That's just my experience though
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top