My Red Serpent Star Fish looks bad, need some help please.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hulley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Hulley

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2018
Messages
309
Reaction score
411
Location
Hoschton, GA.
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, my Red SSF has been looking a little rough lately and today it looks pretty bad, the body is real puffy looking and there are pale spots all over. I haven't check all the water parameters yet but will shortly, everything else in the tank looks great, fish and corals.

He has been eating every day as normal and really cruises around the tank, he just looks pretty bad at the moment. Top pic is current, bottom pic is from two weeks ago.

Any ideas?
RSS.jpg
Red Star.jpg
 
What are you feeding it?

I feed the tank a couple cubes of mysis and flormula 2 pellets in the morning, then some more pellets in the afternoon.

Someone responded to my FB post ans said to feed him meaty chunks of food, I just gave him a chunk of crab meat and he's going to town.
 
Yes, clam, shrimp, squid soaked in a vitamin supplement! Better than mysis.
 
Hey everyone, my Red SSF has been looking a little rough lately and today it looks pretty bad, the body is real puffy looking and there are pale spots all over. I haven't check all the water parameters yet but will shortly, everything else in the tank looks great, fish and corals.

He has been eating every day as normal and really cruises around the tank, he just looks pretty bad at the moment. Top pic is current, bottom pic is from two weeks ago.

Any ideas?
RSS.jpg
Red Star.jpg
Any updates on your sea star?
 
Well, I've been feeding him chunks of crab meat and he seems to love it and actually looks a little better than the pics above but still not to what I would call normal yet. As long as he seems to be getting better, I'll keep trying with the solid foods.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top