Just a build update, I planned on explaining how I did my light pwm, in case anyone else had a beamswork or finnex light for a planted tank(both are build with common cathode led arrays so require p channel mosfets), but have come to an impasse because of the pwm issues.
My choices from here:
Use existing hardware that I built and wait for working pwm drivers.
Use my existing hardware, change and recompile a one-off version of reef pi for myself making whatever pwm frequency i want to use the default freq in the pca9865 driver.
Build my own p channel fet modules that are fast enough to handle the 1500hz that the pca9865 pwm seems stuck at in reef pi, my current modules only handle 1000hz.
For now im using the pca9865 as a simple on-off, with the pwm frequency at 1500 being faster than my mosfet modules can handle, any setting more than 1 in a slider is full on and 0 is off.