My scoly is often hungry, but is receding

TWT5011

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
174
Reaction score
91
Location
Pasadena, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My scoly seems to be hungry every night... so I feed it every or every other night... for a month of so it looked happy and plump, but now it's receding. However it still eats.

Could hermits eating some of the food off of the scoly irritate the scoly?
Could I be feeding it too much?

Maybe a water flow issue? It's positioned middle of the tank (70G) on a ledge with some cover from direct flow with rocks.

Kessil 360 lights
 
I have a mixed reef and try to keep my nitrates between 5-10. So, I don't feed mine with anything other than the other SPS and LPS, Red Sea Energy A & B. I have 2 Scolys doing very well. What are your nitrate and phosphates?
20170108_143402.jpg
20170108_143423.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top