My tank is a breeding ground for inverts

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2015
Messages
3,571
Reaction score
4,239
Location
Winterville, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I've been going over every inch of surface in my tank after noticing baby snails last night. I don't run any high dollar piece of equipment and slack in some areas (testing water). But the thing is like clock work every 2 weeks I have 2 different hatchlings of peppermint shrimp and noticed hundreds plus of baby snails.

Anyone else have this happen? Or is this to be expected? Inverts are another new area 2 me.
 
I haven't fed my long nose hawkfish and yellow-tailed damsel since July, bc my copepods and amphipods multiply so much. They're in a 20 long with LR and caulerpa and a powerhead, no other filtration. It's also a snail haven, I recently pulled out 30 stomatella snails for a friend. I also have 4 dwarf sea hares in there. My peppermints used to breed every few weeks until my heater failed, they didn't make it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top