My tap dkh is 11.6 - Will R/O remove this?

Remember, measure your pressure after all the pre-filters, there is substantial pressure drop shortly after new pre-filters are put to use. People just look at TAP pressure, they read 40PSI and they think they are good to go. At membrane its probably 20+ after few weeks.
 
Ok, so the current approach then is.... 5 micron, 1 micron, carbon 1 or 2, (possible pump here if pressure isn't high enough), membrane, cation, anion, mixed bed.

I checked the city's chlorine too.... currently it is about .9 ppm. No chloramine. With that in mind, should I go with 1 or 2 carbon blocks?
 
Holy water production, Batman!! ;Wideyed Do you have to use a pressure booster to get your water through all of that??
Yes, its shown in the second picture on top right corner. I boost pressure to 80 psi.
 
WOWSERS! What is the TDS before it hits your system?

Also, I don't see (and didn't see in your type), do you not run a R/O membrane? Wouldn't that help lower the TDS before it gets to the DI resins, in theory reducing the amount of DI you need?
Water enters at 360 pmm, comes out of my membrane between 1 to 3 ppm. Di then makes it zero.
 
Ok, so the current approach then is.... 5 micron, 1 micron, carbon 1 or 2, (possible pump here if pressure isn't high enough), membrane, cation, anion, mixed bed.

I checked the city's chlorine too.... currently it is about .9 ppm. No chloramine. With that in mind, should I go with 1 or 2 carbon blocks?

I'd personally do 2, Make sure you flush the pre-filters (first 4 stages in your system) before you connect the membrane otherwise all the carbon dust will flush right into your membrane.
 
I'd personally do 2, Make sure you flush the pre-filters (first 4 stages in your system) before you connect the membrane otherwise all the carbon dust will flush right into your membrane.

My city only uses .3 and I get away with one no problem, but with three times that I would also probably run dual carbon stages.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top