Natural Reef Photoperiod vs. Reef Tanks

We run our MH's for 6 hours per day and are pleased with the growth and color of our SPS corals. Our photoperiod is:

[FONT=&amp]10:00 am LEDs on (dawn/dusk)
11:00 am Actinics on, LEDS off
4:00 pm Halide #1 on
4:15 pm Halide #2 on
4:30 pm Halide #3 on, Actinics off
10:00 pm Actinics on, Halide #1 off
10:15 pm Halide #2 off
10:30 pm Halide #3 off
10:45 pm LEDs on
11:00 pm Actinics off
11:30 pm LEDs off[/FONT] [FONT=&amp](dawn/dusk)[/FONT]
 
really ?
How about your lighting system ? any pictures or introductions ? :angel:

I am using Blue Moon Aquatics P30s
BMA P30
zombie-albums-120-reef-picture21793-fts.jpg
 
12hrs here with 30 min ramp up, and 3hr full peak

About 10 years late lol

What's up with the members that were "last seen" 8+ years ago but still show R2R supporter. Do those badges stick around or are those members still paying while inactive for years?
 
About 10 years late lol

What's up with the members that were "last seen" 8+ years ago but still show R2R supporter. Do those badges stick around or are those members still paying while inactive for years?
Thats why I brought it up.
 
Thats why I brought it up.

That's fair, guess I could've answered the question. My lights are on for about 12 hours a day. 2 hours on each end are super low intensity as they ramp up/down. Full intensity lasts about 4 hours per day.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top