Need another opinion on this jaw issue red marks and more

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
553
Location
chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interuptus jaw tissue receding.png
interuptus gill issue extended.png
interuptus jaw issue 1.png
Humble need some help.. Humble and others ok.. posting some pics of interruptus that has been going though routine of ttm, hypo. For past 20 days he has been in a mild hypo.. 1.013. change water out of 10 gallon tank almost every day. No signs of flukes or ick. he has had at least two treatments of prazi. Has had furan-2 on two occasions and eurithmyacin also. all was good in the beginning.. no issues and eating.. last four days he developed the issue of jaw tissue recession and red inflammation . I do not see this as ick, flukes or fungus. put throught Fresh water dip yesterday fro 4 min.. nothing came off. no change.. so pretty confident not flukes... or parasitic iss

I have a thought that this might be from being in a small 10 gallon tank and brusing the mouth fromo rubbing against the glass? or a vioros that does well at 1.013.

Thoughts. put in DT as this is not a disease? Cant be communicated to DT fish .. so has swimming room

or put through some other medication. perhaps methalone blue? or continue with furan-2.. has had furan 2 now for two days.. no real improvement and is not longer really eating.. goes to the food but cant swallow it..

here are some more pics..notice the jaw is now longer full. left gill stays extended...

interuptus gill issue extended.png


interruptus jaw issue gil extended.png


interruptus jaw issue gil extended.png
 
When you've used antibiotics on him, have you done 10 consecutive days of treatment with the same medication?

Antibiotics are slow acting with fish and even after you see signs of improvement you have to keep hitting the infection with antibiotics to prevent it from coming back.
 
true ok... so hit for straight 10 days.. which one would you suggest.. what I was doing was hitting them for two days strainght.. then 8 days later another 2 days.
 
think we will keep at the furan-2.. has been in it now for two days again..
should I use Furan 3, erethormiacin, or. both.. can I use both.. meth to help with breathing?
 
Last edited:
do we think.. agree .. bacterial? thanks
 
think we will keep at the furan-2.. has been in it now for two days again..
should I use Furan 3, erethormiacin, or. both.. can I use both.. meth to help with breathing?

I would stick with Furan-2 for now. You can add Kanaplex and Metroplex to this if the infection doesn't respond to Furan.
 
Hypo, Prazipro, eurithmyacin, furan-2, methalone blue and now Kanaplex and Metroplex.

I think that fish is just WAY over medicated. I would look like that too If I was given all that while living in hypo.
IMO that fish needs full salt water and real food in a normal size tank.
I also think he may be to far gone to save. But I hope not.
Just my opinion of course, good luck. :cool:
 
agreed.... but let me point something out I left out.. he was doing great for many days... until recently. this came on suddenly.. when he transferred every moring in the TTM.. he eat right away.. like he was not even moved from one ten gallon to another. I went right from pellets flakes,, anything.
This started after I gave him a prazio treatment.. I do not think it was the caused and probably just coincidence...

Question I have.. do we believe this is bacterial>? not protozona? spelling bad... sorry
 
Question I have.. do we believe this is bacterial>? not protozona? spelling bad... sorry

I can't say for sure based on your photos. However, when you said "tissue recession and red inflammation" that sounds very much like a bacterial disease/infection to me. But you would need to take a skin scrape (and scope ID it) to know for sure it was something bacterial in nature.
 
ok day four of furan-2 and he is not doing better .. he is breathing heavier.. thinking about changing to eurithimacyne. and methlynnblue.. spelling bad this morning..sorry.. can we mix those two.. I know you can do furan-2 and blue.. still no signs of ick or velvet which is not a shock as he has been in ttm hypo for a few weeks.. salinity for him is at 1.015. Other fish that were in QT with him are fine and in the DT now. Only he is at issue. So really thinking bacteria. I have great Scope to examine scrappings but don't want to put him throught that.
 
agreed.... but let me point something out I left out.. he was doing great for many days... until recently. this came on suddenly.. when he transferred every moring in the TTM.. he eat right away.. like he was not even moved from one ten gallon to another. I went right from pellets flakes,, anything.
This started after I gave him a prazio treatment.. I do not think it was the caused and probably just coincidence...

Question I have.. do we believe this is bacterial>? not protozona? spelling bad... sorry

When you transferred him did he get hurt at all? Like in a net? Just a thought...
 
ok day four of furan-2 and he is not doing better .. he is breathing heavier.. thinking about changing to eurithimacyne. and methlynnblue.. spelling bad this morning..sorry.. can we mix those two.. I know you can do furan-2 and blue.. still no signs of ick or velvet which is not a shock as he has been in ttm hypo for a few weeks.. salinity for him is at 1.015. Other fish that were in QT with him are fine and in the DT now. Only he is at issue. So really thinking bacteria. I have great Scope to examine scrappings but don't want to put him throught that.

I would still stick with the Furan 2... you can add Kanaplex and Metroplex to that to get a wider spectrum. My advice is to stay the course. Antibiotics are notoriously slow acting in fish and may take longer than the minimum 10 days to work.
 
I would still stick with the Furan 2... you can add Kanaplex and Metroplex to that to get a wider spectrum. My advice is to stay the course. Antibiotics are notoriously slow acting in fish and may take longer than the minimum 10 days to work.

+1,000,000 :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top