Need help, changed my sand, can I add my shrimp back?

megan.911

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2022
Messages
46
Reaction score
51
Location
Orange
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took out my shrimp and crab, added new sand to my tank I should start by I only have two shrimp and one crab in the entire 13.5 gallon tank and live rock no coral. I took them all out changed the sand completely cleaned the tank took out my bio filter and everything added the new sand and made a big mistake a believe… I rinsed my rocks and bio filter lightly with RO water but still I rinsed them, I placed them onto the new sand and added half new salt water and half the old water making sure it was clean and the new sand came with a small pack the sand is caribsea pink sand I believe but I added the packet it came with into the some water mixed and poured it in. The real question here is how long do I have to wait to add my shrimp back inside? Can I do it once the water settles and is clear?
 
Your filter is probably just fine.
So it’s safe to just add them back into the tank? It’s still slightly cloudy I am just worried because I have them in a Large glass vase at the moment so no water movement… it’s half old water tho and whatever small packet comes with the Carib sea sand.
 
Sounds like a typical water change. Temperature is about equal, salinity, the water is a bit cloudy, just like the ocean after a storm.
 
Sounds like a typical water change. Temperature is about equal, salinity, the water is a bit cloudy, just like the ocean after a storm.
I changed the sand completely as well that’s what’s throwing me off I think. Thank you so much!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top