Need help mixing Two Little Fishies AccuraSea1

Ok. The salt mixed amazingly well and a crystal clear I’ve never seen before. The only thing that was off was the alkalinity. Tested using both a Hanna checker and Salifert I got 9.5 and 9.3 respectively. Two Little Fishies said the salt should be 8dKH. Mg was 1320ppm and Ca was 450ppm. It actually worked out fine since my tank has been about 9dKH lately but I’m curious why/how the Alk was so high versus stated parameters.
 
Ok. The salt mixed amazingly well and a crystal clear I’ve never seen before. The only thing that was off was the alkalinity. Tested using both a Hanna checker and Salifert I got 9.5 and 9.3 respectively. Two Little Fishies said the salt should be 8dKH. Mg was 1320ppm and Ca was 450ppm. It actually worked out fine since my tank has been about 9dKH lately but I’m curious why/how the Alk was so high versus stated parameters.
How long after mixing did you run the tests?
 
I just did a water change. Every single pouch in this box so far mixes up differently. This batch mixed up at 1.026 with alkalinity at 11.5. I used it and my tank seems happy but I’m speechless. Little concerned about quality control, not going to lie.
 
Always possible to get a badly mixed batch I guess? I hardly ever check but it’s been pretty spot on the times I have tested it, to the point where I just stopped testing it.
 
Always possible to get a badly mixed batch I guess? I hardly ever check but it’s been pretty spot on the times I have tested it, to the point where I just stopped testing it.

More like 9.8. First test was 11.5 and the rest were 9.8. Still higher than I want but things are good. I’m sticking with it. I’m having Hanna alkalinity reagent issue so it could be that too. I’ll take the higher than normal Alk in exchange for the ease of mixing.
 
I’m with you there man, the dumping of the pre-measured pouch into 4.5 gallons of water is soooo nice. I’d pretty much put up with whatever the parameters are just for that.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top