- Joined
- Oct 27, 2021
- Messages
- 51
- Reaction score
- 14
- Location
- Alexandria
- What state or country do you live in
- Virginia
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thank you. I just bought this 25:3/4. How about the connection to the manifolds. What did you do?I'm pretty sure those sizes are generic across all the tanks. You will have to get a metric thread to standard slip to hard line it down to your return if you aren't looking to replace that whole part. They barely have a nub of metric pipe coming out of the union into that threaded "T" should be a 25mm fitting at least thats what mine is on my 55.2 frag.
The other easier option IMO is use this.
![]()
Metric to Standard Union Coupling
Slip to Slip Union Coupling Available in: 20mm to 1/2", 25mm to 3/4", 32mm to 1", 40mm to 1 1/4"www.coralvue.com
That union should screw right onto your current bulkhead so you can plumb down a 3/4 hard line to your sump. Im going to be using the same thing this weekend to plumb in a larger sump for my system.
You can get rid of the manifold altogether. The 25mm to 3/4 union will thread directly to the bottom side of your bulkhead. If your planning on keeping it i would just add a 3/4 T into your hard pipe i think thats just a threaded 3/4 that the manifold comes off of. Not 100% sure on that though, just guessing from a photo I have of my manifold connector. Dont mind the cobwebs lol one of the reasons I'm changing over to a remote sump instead of one under the stand. Just not enough rm to keep things clean.Thank you. I just bought this 25:3/4. How about the connection to the manifolds. What did you do?
Thank youYou can get rid of the manifold altogether. The 25mm to 3/4 union will thread directly to the bottom side of your bulkhead. If your planning on keeping it i would just add a 3/4 T into your hard pipe i think thats just a threaded 3/4 that the manifold comes off of. Not 100% sure on that though, just guessing from a photo I have of my manifold connector. Dont mind the cobwebs lol one of the reasons I'm changing over to a remote sump instead of one under the stand. Just not enough rm to keep things clean.

