Need help with Jebao SOW-4 and SOW-8

chadfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2020
Messages
350
Reaction score
210
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m replacing a pair of PP-4s in my 36” long 60 gallon. I have a new pair of SOW-4s and a new pair of SOW-8s.

The SOW-4s are underpowered and the SOW-8s are overpowered and I had to keep them on level 1.

I have a FOWLR now with a nem, but I want coral. What do I do??
 
BTW the PP-4s were perfect for this tank. I can’t get over the fact that they are bigger and more powerful than the newer SOW-4s.
 
Turns out, after some simple math.. I have a 42 gallon tank, not 60. Are SOW-8 too big for a 36” long 42 gallon tank?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top