Need id on this. Looks like bacteria infection

  • Thread starter Thread starter chicago
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
553
Location
chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6261.PNG
 
Picture taken through glass
 
Thinking acriflavin dip for hour. In case bacterial. This grew over two days
 
Looks like something is eating its way through, probably bacterial. Acriflavine bath is a good first step, but antibiotics are next. Do you have any NFG?
 
In have some Furan 2. WhT is NFG?
 
Tank water currently has copper in it.. I think should I take out the copper from the tank by doing 50% water change .. then add the furan2
 
ok did the bath last night for an hour. I am ordering the NPG... but don't think I can wait for it.. Last night added Furan2. today will add the Kanaplax and Metro also.
this morning is not looking better... looks like a second one is developing above the top..
looking at the pics... can this be flukes with a secondary bacteria infection?
If so can we do prazi and antibacterial meds together?
 
ok another question... he took the acriflivan bath no problem.. one hour..
today though looks like second one is developing above the first. some pics below.
ordering the NPG but wont be here by this pm.. so
yesterday added Furan2.. I will add also the Kanaplax and the Metro this afternoon
Question.. 1. does this look like flukes with secondary bacteria infection..
2. can we treat prazi and meds at same time?
he is not eating. other fish in QT tank are doing fine and eating.

Thanks...

conpic infection or what.PNG


conspic day two.PNG
 
I just noticed on my container of API general Cure .. I forgot .. I used this in the past.. it is actually metro and prazi..

So I guess my question in addition to the above is

can we mix Furan2 + Kanaplex + General Cure (Merto and Prazi)

thanks
 
I just noticed on my container of API general Cure .. I forgot .. I used this in the past.. it is actually metro and prazi..

So I guess my question in addition to the above is

can we mix Furan2 + Kanaplex + General Cure (Merto and Prazi)

thanks
Yes you can. You’d be better off with pure metro (less is more sometimes) but you can. Make sure you increase oxygen saturation of the water (air stone or aim powerhead up to breakwater surface)
 
Beautiful angel!
About 8 years ago, I had one in QT for 15 days where it didn't make it out of. She was infested with flukes and then developed a secondary infection. Don't think I can bear to spend that kind of money on one fish again.
In your corner for the recovery of the angel.
 
Thanks for you comments.. did yours look similar to my issue when infected..
 
can we mix Furan2 + Kanaplex + General Cure (Merto and Prazi)

Yes, but I would perform a FW dip first to confirm flukes: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/freshwater-dip.248898/

If no flukes show, only dose Furan-2, Kanaplex, Metroplex (for the infection.)

It's never a good thing to dump too many meds on a sick fish if you can help it. If you can avoid having to use praziquantel, then that's one less med his liver & kidneys has to filter.
 
How long to see any benefits from using these to fight infections? thanks
 
little up date.. I ordered the NFG. in the meantime.. I treated with Furan2 and kanaplex and day later with General Cure from API (its prazi and Metro). I did two rounds.. each round was day 1. Furan2. Day 2 GC. Day 3 sit. do nothing. Day 4 25% water change. Day 5 Furan2 Day 6 GC. Day 8 50% water change. start over again next morning on Day 9 ->
Then did it all again. he is looking better after these two rounds.. (totally four treatments of each med)

I can still see the wound or infection site but the redness is gone and bump on head which appeared to be another infection site is gone.

Question .. do I need to do another round./
my NFG arrived .. should I switch over to that..?
Kinda think stay with what is working and do another round.. cant hurt and he is eating.

thanks
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top