Need some Question of the Day ideas!?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
49,253
Reaction score
98,071
Seller Rating
4 ★
Rating Count
2
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Need some Question of the Day ideas!?

What some good reef related questions you would like to see us ask and poll the community about?

LET US KNOW!
 
What is something accepted as " truth" in the reefing world but is actually not true at all and does not work at all ?

Vice versa

What is something not accepted as a " truth " in reefing but it actually is true and works?
 
What would you call a fully transferred, instantly stocked tank? Insta Cycle or Insta Stock? If done right im not sure tank actually cycles at all now. But would love to know what the pros think.
 
You probably asked already and I missed it.
Have you ever browsed a build thread that made you attempt a fish, coral or invert on your "not interested, too difficult to attempt" list?

I don't want bounces or acropora... But after seeing some of these builds.. Lord help me.
 
LIGHTS LIGHTS LIGHTS ask about lights... cause I am confused.

Peak time, PAR for different coral types, ramp up and down, All blues, blues and whites mixed, heights, spacing, number... etc.

math.gif
 
Great suggestions so far!!
 
Like it
 
Sump on a smaller tank, HOB sump, or just a regular filter? Best equipment for small tanks, good stock for small tanks, etc.


I’m going with the “small tank theme”, because that’s all I’ve ever done. ;)
 
Biological filtration/mechanical filtration or both

t5/led/hybrid t5-led/halide

wave makers/gyres/powerheads

overflow drain type : open standpipes/vented drains (Durso, Stockman etc.)/siphon drains (Herbie, Bean)

sandbed : bare/1-2in/3-4in/5+

I’ll try to think of more!
 
What makes a mature tank "mature?"
Is it time, coral growth, types of algae, pod population, difficulty of fish kept, etc.?
This is a great question. Sure there would be lots of opinions. Mine have changed 20 times in last cpl years lol
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top