Need to add some action to my tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jmc534
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Jmc534

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2021
Messages
14
Reaction score
5
Location
Watertown
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in need of some ideas that will bring some action/life to my tank. I’d like to get some fish that are out and about, swimming. I have a 50 gallon tank, pretty much FOWLR with a couple zoas, plan to add more coral soon but most of my fish tend to hide out in the rock, except for the clowns. I have two clowns, a flame hawk, starry Blenny, watchman Goby and two damsels. I have some room to add a few more fish, just need some ideas. Thanks!
 
I had a wrasse but he was a sand burrowing wrasse and I didn’t see him for a month! Then he was so weak, he died
 
probably a wrasse that was already too sick to make it without a proper qt treatment. 1 anthias can work in the tank as can a dwarf angelfish (ify on reef safe). What type of damsels do you have because i hate all except the chrysiptera damsels
 
NarrowFrailHornbill-size_restricted.gif

In all seriousness, a Dwarf Angel....most get a bad rap, they might pick occasionally in my experience but nothing to damage....
 
probably a wrasse that was already too sick to make it without a proper qt treatment. 1 anthias can work in the tank as can a dwarf angelfish (ify on reef safe). What type of damsels do you have because i hate all except the chrysiptera damsels
I did some research on the damsels because I know how much of a prick they can be so I got a couple of the less aggressive type, can’t remember off the top of my head which type. Got them a couple months ago. I was checking out anthias, love the colors, and also a coral beauty or a flame angel
 
NarrowFrailHornbill-size_restricted.gif

In all seriousness, a Dwarf Angel....most get a bad rap, they might pick occasionally in my experience but nothing to damage....
I love the flame angel and the coral beauty, I’ve had both in the past so I was just trying to think of something a little different
 
I did some research on the damsels because I know how much of a prick they can be so I got a couple of the less aggressive type, can’t remember off the top of my head which type. Got them a couple months ago. I was checking out anthias, love the colors, and also a coral beauty or a flame angel
Just looked it up, they are springers damsels
 
I did some research on the damsels because I know how much of a prick they can be so I got a couple of the less aggressive type, can’t remember off the top of my head which type. Got them a couple months ago. I was checking out anthias, love the colors, and also a coral beauty or a flame angel
I have a CB....and an Eibli Angel in my reef, both model citizens, of course every fish is its own specimen....the CB is a hardy fish on the whole imo. For the price point imo you can't go wrong. They are a gorgeous fish with some spunk....
 
I have a CB....and an Eibli Angel in my reef, both model citizens, of course every fish is its own specimen....the CB is a hardy fish on the whole imo. For the price point imo you can't go wrong. They are a gorgeous fish with some spunk....
Nice, thanks man, I’m gonna do some digging on the Eibli
 
Try a Tomini Tang - a little skittish but a great community fish. Won't bother anyone.
 
Try a Tomini Tang - a little skittish but a great community fish. Won't bother anyone.
Beautiful fish, but IMO a 50g especially with the current stock deprives it of the space it needs likely...... No not the Tang police here everyone, so settle down lol....
 
Beautiful fish, but IMO a 50g especially with the current stock deprives it of the space it needs likely...... No not the Tang police here everyone, so settle down lol....
Haha gotta love the tang police
 
wrasses work well in that size tank, i love my leopard wrasse always pecking away at the rocks. I would look for places that already qt the fish and get from there, what are nitrate and phosphate levels in your tank?
 
We have a Striped Blenny that is very active, colorful, peaceful and a great personality. He is homed with a Molly Miller Blenny which has a different body shape, similar to your Starry Blenny, so they may be compatible.

 
Lemonpeel angel. Nice bright yellow and swims around a lot. You can get them captive bred so maybe you can train them to not eat corals??
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top