• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Neptune refuses to send trident back after over 2 months in servicing

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

SinkyShippy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2019
Messages
2,222
Reaction score
2,712
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says.

Below is the timeline.

I sent my @NeptunePaul Trident in for servicing on December 8th 2023. They received it on December 12th

On January 24th 2024 (well over a month after sending it in), I sent an email inquiring about the status of my trident. Neptune responded that day stating that they were waiting on parts but should be there any day. I replied the same day stating how this time period has been unacceptable and it’s pretty ludicrous that Neptune doesn’t have the parts they manufacture for their own product.

January 28, Neptune got back to me stating there is a parts shortage. And they are sorry.

On February 5th, I sent another email inquiring about my trident. My partner and I also called. They basically told us on the phone that they had no update noted in their system and they had no idea why it was taking this long.

On February 6th, I received notification that my trident was ready. I emailed and spoke with Neptune again on the phone about why it took so long and if there would be any sort of compensation.

That night I received a call from the manager stating the reason why it was taking so long is because they were moving facilities in December (from Cali to PA - so two months ago). And it just so happens that they got the parts in on February 5th (wink wink, right?) and we’re able to service it, and it was ready to be sent back once I pay. They did compensate me with a set of free reagents which I was fine with. I just wanted my trident back. I paid that night on February 6th.

On February 9th, I sent an email to Neptune asking about tracking information so I could keep an eye out for it. The customer service rep told me that it was not sent out yet; however, it would hopefully be sent by the end of the day.

It is now February 14th. I sent an email this morning. It’s been over two months since I’ve had my trident.

I still haven’t received any tracking information.
 
I just purchased a new A3 head unit since my A2 went bad and it took over 1 month to get them to ship it out. I sent them numerous emails and finally got a response we I gave them a bad review on the person that was helping me.
 
I just purchased a new A3 head unit since my A2 went bad and it took over 1 month to get them to ship it out. I sent them numerous emails and finally got a response we I gave them a bad review on the person that was helping me.
I haven’t given anyone in particular a review but I’m at an impasse. I genuinely don’t know where to go from here on a $700 unit. It almost feels like a $700 loss at this point.
 
Last edited:
Update:

February 14: they have apologized for the delay once again
February 15: the Trident has still not been shipped. Another email has been sent to them. @NeptunePaul
 
Last edited:
dang, that’s awful. For a person who spent a lot of money on neptune. This is very discouraging to say the least i hope they get it resolved for you. Reading posts like this makes me want to spend less and less in their products. Thank you for sharing this. especially my trident going to need maintenance soon this is very disappointing that i am possibly going to end up in the same fate.
 
As the title says.

Below is the timeline.

I sent my @NeptunePaul Trident in for servicing on December 8th 2023. They received it on December 12th

On January 24th 2024 (well over a month after sending it in), I sent an email inquiring about the status of my trident. Neptune responded that day stating that they were waiting on parts but should be there any day. I replied the same day stating how this time period has been unacceptable and it’s pretty ludicrous that Neptune doesn’t have the parts they manufacture for their own product.

January 28, Neptune got back to me stating there is a parts shortage. And they are sorry.

On February 5th, I sent another email inquiring about my trident. My partner and I also called. They basically told us on the phone that they had no update noted in their system and they had no idea why it was taking this long.

On February 6th, I received notification that my trident was ready. I emailed and spoke with Neptune again on the phone about why it took so long and if there would be any sort of compensation.

That night I received a call from the manager stating the reason why it was taking so long is because they were moving facilities in December (from Cali to PA - so two months ago). And it just so happens that they got the parts in on February 5th (wink wink, right?) and we’re able to service it, and it was ready to be sent back once I pay. They did compensate me with a set of free reagents which I was fine with. I just wanted my trident back. I paid that night on February 6th.

On February 9th, I sent an email to Neptune asking about tracking information so I could keep an eye out for it. The customer service rep told me that it was not sent out yet; however, it would hopefully be sent by the end of the day.

It is now February 14th. I sent an email this morning. It’s been over two months since I’ve had my trident.

I still haven’t received any tracking information.
dang, I was thinking about going Apex for my controller but this is a nightmare. Customer service is the make or break for so many customers. Its shocking they don't care more considering how large of a company they are. Hope you get this all figured out!!
 
February 19th: Issue has not been remediated. The trident has still not been shipped despite being told it would be sent on Friday. They issued tracking but did not actually mail the package.
 
February 20th: Trident has been delivered. Issue resolved. Thank you @Kyle T - Brand Advocate. Will let you know if any other issues arise while setting it up this weekend.
 
I purchased two replacement wav pumps to replace my dead ones. i payed for them on jan 16th and almost two month later and they will not respond to my emails feel like i am getting scammed !!
 
Oh god, I just sent mine in yesterday for maintenance work.....
 
I would do the swap option in the future so you won't be without it. Maybe swap it early just in case there is a delay. It doesn't cost that much more. This is what I just did with mine. I do agree neptune systems needs to step up there customer service in a big way. I recently replaced my dead el head unit with a jr that would not stay connected to my wifi. The local store I brought it from would not take it back so I could spend more and get the a3. Shows how much faith they have in these products. The store finally got authorization from the rep to let me return it and spend double to get the a3 that at least I can hardwire. It was a very stressful experience that left me feeling scammed. I mean what product can you purchase that defective that you then can't exchange? Policy only applies to neptune products and your supposed to solve it with them. I should have my head examined for buying this crap again after thousands of dollars worth of it failed in less then two years the first time. If this round doesn't go any better, and it's not off to a good start, I will never buy another product from them again.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top