Neptune WAV Pump: The Average Joe Review

This is a strange one for me - never heard this before - I run mine in all kinds of modes and I have 3/4" glass - they have never moved. These are some of the strongest magnets out there on powerheads.

I also have 3/4" glass and mine are solid!
 
@Terence I have the Apex gold running the WAVs. Does the 1 link module still have power issues if I wanted to add a 3rd pump?
There are no power issues I am aware of, but it may throttle the flow a bit on them if you try and run all three full-out at 100%. But this is not a normal use case as most everyone runs their pumps in one mode or another such that it would be a rarity to have all three running 100%.
 
Possibly the black vinyl on the back of the tank?
I was thinking that too, but at least on my tank I have one of the pumps on the back panel. My tank has some sort of vinyl on it - it is a ReefSavvy so I don't know what he uses.
 
I was thinking that too, but at least on my tank I have one of the pumps on the back panel. My tank has some sort of vinyl on it - it is a ReefSavvy so I don't know what he uses.
I agree the magnets are powerful but the shifting of the pumps is odd. Its like a slow creep usually in the direction of down due to gravity. Overall seems vibration related. The tank they're on is SCA. Maybe I need a Reef Savvy. :D I may just have to contact Reef Savvy for a quote on one since the boys over at Coral Vue wont call me back about the ELOS 160XL I'm ready to pull the trigger on.
 
Maybe your significant other or kids are playing tricks on you :D
Nah..... ;) Wifey knows she'd be in trouble for messing with stuff and the magnets would smash my little ones fingers. So I'd hear the crying.
 
I have a 38 gal bowfront now with the ultimate goal of upgrading to a 120. Can this be throttled down to be enough for the 38? Also, I have the 1-link already, I use PMUPs for water changes and filling my ATO. Will this be ok to run everything together on the one module?
 
I'm running a WAV on 1" acrylic; seems OK, though I don't run it on pulse mode. I did have one of them short out, but Neptune replaced it under warranty so no complaints. My only quibble is that the power socket on the 1link is not very robust. Even a slight nudge is enough to make it lose contact and pumps go off. I'd rather use the EB832, but it's down in the basement and I don't feel like spending $75 on extension cords.
 
What are your thoughts on this product now? I have read a ton of negative reviews about the quality. Hoping that the kinks have been worked out and they are on newer renditions.
 
Nope, kinks still there. I have a pair that just quit working. Coincidentally just a few months after warranty expired. (I got these before the tank, so they sat in box for couple months) They replace the first, and didnt say what was wrong with the original. Now the second one is saying "POSERR". For the price I am really disappointed.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top