- Joined
- May 10, 2014
- Messages
- 2,873
- Reaction score
- 980
- Location
- Modesto, California
- What state or country do you live in
- California
I bought this pump March 17, 2017 and use it for my ATO for my 25 gallon. First few weeks I used it it sounded like the pump was struggling because it was so loud. I contacted neptunes and they told me, "Can you un-thread the screen
Next remove the 5 screws
Remove the Impeller cover (Be careful not to loose the small white washer and ceramic shaft)
Remove the impeller
Look and make sure there are no small debris that could be causing the noise.
Soak the PMUP and impeller in vinegar then reassembly and test the PMUP."
Of course I did that and they said return the pump and they'll look at it and fix it. I don't have time to do that. I just ran it with the noise. But now it's not working anymore. If it's a defective product then it's understandable. I have another PMUP on my 57 and i hope it doesn't happen to that one.
Next remove the 5 screws
Remove the Impeller cover (Be careful not to loose the small white washer and ceramic shaft)
Remove the impeller
Look and make sure there are no small debris that could be causing the noise.
Soak the PMUP and impeller in vinegar then reassembly and test the PMUP."
Of course I did that and they said return the pump and they'll look at it and fix it. I don't have time to do that. I just ran it with the noise. But now it's not working anymore. If it's a defective product then it's understandable. I have another PMUP on my 57 and i hope it doesn't happen to that one.

