New “predator tank”

  • Thread starter Thread starter Han
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hopefully the fish will still be there when my tank is done cycling. On a separate note, have you ever tried feeding scuds (gammarus) to any of your fish? I have long been researching breeding ghost shrimp but it seems too time consuming, from what I understand scuds are much easier to breed. Just wondering if they would be a suitable live food item. I would only consider the freshwater species.
 
[/QUOTE]
I have also never used copper on any of my fish. It's a poison and you just hope the fish outlasts the parasite. If I have to treat, I use CP.

I wouldn't get an eel with an open top tank.

Rhinos are cool, scorps are cool. Ever consider an angler?

My fuzzy and angler have a weird relationship. They spend all day lounging next to each other.

IMG_20190811_185804.jpg
 
I’ve decided against an eel, but I still ordered a glass lid today. I’ve had fish that aren’t known “jumpers” jump before so I just like to be careful. Anglers look cool, I don’t know much about them but I really like scorps and rhinos. How does caring for an angler compare to scorps?
 
Lionfish jump, and so do scorps, I don't think the rhino would because they are sort of clunky.

I've kept anglers in the past, they are on my list of fish I would never keep again. Their personality really doesn't measure up to a scorp. Caring for an angler is similar as with any of the ambush preds. They can and will eat anything as large as themselves, I've seen a painted angler eat a fuzzy lionfish.

As far as scuds go, they may be good for an additional food, even a snack. One of my lions would likely put down 30-40 of those a week. If you do culture scuds, remember, you are what you eat. You may have seen some of my post regarding feeding and enhancing your feeders.
 
Maybe I’ll give the scuds a try, I have a brand new 20g laying around collecting dust. I think I’ve read through all your posts by now, I’ll definitely refer back to that one if I end up culturing scuds.
 
UPDATE:

I brought the rhinopias home a couple days ago. He is in quarantine now under observation and so far has eaten anything I’ve fed him. I don’t plan on treating him unless I see any issues.

5A59B293-500B-405F-AC08-5180CE607682.png
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top