new 12 Gallon tall reef completed, any ideas?

allsite

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2021
Messages
192
Reaction score
151
Location
Madison
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my second reef tank. I love my 12g long so much, I couldn't help myself.

Aquaman 12 gallon tall tank
Current USA Orbit light
Icecap nano skimmer
JBJ nano rimless internal filter
Sicce 500gph powerhead

Stock includes a variety of macro algae, pair of clowns, single damselfish and cleanup crew.

First, I love this tall tank. It's very unique and has two sides of large view ability. Perfect peninsula in a small space.

I plan on not changing much water, like my other 12 gallon. GFO, lots of macro and last but not least, a baster to blast and suck out the crud. Dosing A/B, Coral Vitalizer and Benepets Reef Food, MB7. Running floss, carbon and rings in the little filter. Dual sediment filtered RO instead of costly DI.

Looking for ideas for upgrades. Upgrading the return pump is a focus. The light doesn't fit perfectly but seems to be functional. Also ideas for keeping it clean w/o water changes is an ongoing battle that I enjoy. Yes it's lazy, but my roommate is tired of tripping over buckets and we're in a tight urban space. Plus the other 12g is doing well with 50% water changes 3-4 times a year.

B9834D6F-5CA2-44D9-8160-666DAE8DBAF9.jpeg 9964DB6C-62E0-437A-B780-A2269E84F809.jpeg A64B9EB2-F612-4AC7-9EBF-C7F3B03D7DB4.jpeg 9DC6675C-195E-4D0D-A482-8B90C8B0D651.jpeg
 
This is my second reef tank. I love my 12g long so much, I couldn't help myself.

Aquaman 12 gallon tall tank
Current USA Orbit light
Icecap nano skimmer
JBJ nano rimless internal filter
Sicce 500gph powerhead

Stock includes a variety of macro algae, pair of clowns, single damselfish and cleanup crew.

First, I love this tall tank. It's very unique and has two sides of large view ability. Perfect peninsula in a small space.

I plan on not changing much water, like my other 12 gallon. GFO, lots of macro and last but not least, a baster to blast and suck out the crud. Dosing A/B, Coral Vitalizer and Benepets Reef Food, MB7. Running floss, carbon and rings in the little filter. Dual sediment filtered RO instead of costly DI.

Looking for ideas for upgrades. Upgrading the return pump is a focus. The light doesn't fit perfectly but seems to be functional. Also ideas for keeping it clean w/o water changes is an ongoing battle that I enjoy. Yes it's lazy, but my roommate is tired of tripping over buckets and we're in a tight urban space. Plus the other 12g is doing well with 50% water changes 3-4 times a year.

B9834D6F-5CA2-44D9-8160-666DAE8DBAF9.jpeg 9964DB6C-62E0-437A-B780-A2269E84F809.jpeg A64B9EB2-F612-4AC7-9EBF-C7F3B03D7DB4.jpeg 9DC6675C-195E-4D0D-A482-8B90C8B0D651.jpeg
Looks like another success story in the making.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top