New 180 Build - Mini Coop's Dream Tank

Just stopping by and seeing what is going on:)
 
Coop, what about a green wrasse?

I have thought about it - that is the one I was thinking! I have a McCosker flasher, and now a blue star leopard. Would he do ok with them?

Also - keep in mind it is a 180. Would the sailfin, foxface, PBT and Naso bee too much? I was wanting a "show" fish, like a niger trigger, but with these and the anthias, I think I will have plenty going on, and I don't want to get the bio load too high.
 
Hey - how are ya!? Long time, no talk! How is everything in your world? Thanks for stopping by!

I am playing Dr. Frankenstein with my tank right now. The villagers(corals) are threatening to burn down the castile :eek::rolleyes::D:D
 
OHHH NOOO!! Lol.
Like - dying or having to frag? If you need to get rid of some, I can PM you my address :Do_O:rolleyes:
LOL, it will come back, the corals did last time.

I was automating the system even more with a auto water change. What I learned is to stop all dosing. Then start up again from 0 and up;) I will document this, since there is very little information on auto water changes:)

My arcos is fine just the montis that took a hit. Which Disney are you going too?
 
LOL, it will come back, the corals did last time.

I was automating the system even more with a auto water change. What I learned is to stop all dosing. Then start up again from 0 and up;) I will document this, since there is very little information on auto water changes:)

My arcos is fine just the montis that took a hit. Which Disney are you going too?
Maybe I will break off a few and send them back with you.
 
Maybe I will break off a few and send them back with you.

Florida! Heading to Orlando, but not until next June! :) So, if you want to save some for me :) Not sure how they would travel for a 13 hour drive home with an overnight possible on the way home lol! :)
 
Florida! Heading to Orlando, but not until next June! :) So, if you want to save some for me :) Not sure how they would travel for a 13 hour drive home with an overnight possible on the way home lol! :)

Styro cooler;)

You are more then welcome to pick. Let us know.
 
im debating on what tangs I want for my tank. But in the process have also heard of people having success with angels or dwarf angels (besides flame angels) in a mixed reef.
I’m going shopping tomorrow - need to get my sailfin and foxface out of the other tank ASAP.
I’m thinking less tangs and adding more angels maybe.

I have a full grown foxface and a full grown sailfin. They are in another tank so my plan was to get new tangs through QT and add them all at the same time.
Was thinking to add blonde naso and Powder Blue (both medium-large).

Thoughts on Tangs vs angels and successes with angels?
 
New babies in QT today!

A little nervous! I’ve never QT’d larger fish before!!
My sister in law who was keeping my 120 decided after a year she isn’t going to keep it. So I’m trying to sell it but I have to get my foxface and sailfin (both full grown now) our. So - I had to get my new tangs I wanted, and need to get them through QT so I can add them all at the same time! So - here we go!

 
6CD82CC8-9740-45E1-B69B-EAD9B2D11F93.jpeg
Ok. What the heck is this!? I was just watching the tank tonight and it appears there is som red slime (cyano maybe) on one of the returns.

Then. Looked inside the overflow in the right side to see what looks like cyano and is kind of spongy to the touch! Tried to get a pic.
Weird thing is - it’s only on one side! Suggestions on cleaning this? If I try to get it out, will it spread in the tank? No other signs of cyano anywhere!

75865A8D-19AA-4A71-894B-A623203841F7.jpeg
C1A803D0-9470-4E1B-BF4D-2AFE2D8F1E59.jpeg
 
New babies in QT today!

A little nervous! I’ve never QT’d larger fish before!!
My sister in law who was keeping my 120 decided after a year she isn’t going to keep it. So I’m trying to sell it but I have to get my foxface and sailfin (both full grown now) our. So - I had to get my new tangs I wanted, and need to get them through QT so I can add them all at the same time! So - here we go!


Look good! Agreed on the powder Brown.
Watch very closely.
 
6CD82CC8-9740-45E1-B69B-EAD9B2D11F93.jpeg
Ok. What the heck is this!? I was just watching the tank tonight and it appears there is som red slime (cyano maybe) on one of the returns.

Then. Looked inside the overflow in the right side to see what looks like cyano and is kind of spongy to the touch! Tried to get a pic.
Weird thing is - it’s only on one side! Suggestions on cleaning this? If I try to get it out, will it spread in the tank? No other signs of cyano anywhere!

75865A8D-19AA-4A71-894B-A623203841F7.jpeg
C1A803D0-9470-4E1B-BF4D-2AFE2D8F1E59.jpeg

Just turn you flow off and use a brush to clean it out. If and when I see any cyano bacteria growing in my tank, which is rare but does happen, I just blast it off maybe even suck up some of the pieces if necessary. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
 
Look good! Agreed on the powder Brown.
Watch very closely.

@Flippers4pups And @Fudsey - I think she was chasing and flashing at her reflection. However, I have 2 options at the ready. A divider for the 40 breeder. Or I have a 20 for her to separate her. Will check on them before bed and first thing in the morning. Hoping because they were added at the same time she will be good!
She was eating nori really well already tonight.

Also - I just pulled the algae out. Looks like a clump of hair algae covered in cyano....super weird! And only in that one spot!
10029BC9-14E5-4BEA-A9AD-89C7C876BBAF.jpeg
5517BD1C-66CB-483B-A1F9-FB9A88002BF5.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top