new 45 gallon rimless from marineland?

ontop27

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 3, 2013
Messages
689
Reaction score
202
Location
Bucks County, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone see this in person yet? It's pretty sexy.

Cube Column Glass Aquariums and Tanks | Marineland

Saw it at my local store for $175 and I have a coupon for $15 off...But here is my questions, I never owned a rimless. Any extra precaution drilling the back? Marineland says they have no temper to them.

Second question, I really want to try a low flow sump on this one. I ordered a glass holes overflow before and it wasn't as quiet as I hoped. If I slow the flow down enough would it be silent with the standard one hole overflow...or do I need to do a bean. But is there any point to a bean because I would have to close the drain most of the way with the slowness of the flow.

Thanks!

Also I would be using an AI hydra over it with 2 mp10s.
 
so I' am interested to see how your project is coming along, I have been looking for other similar sized setups 40 gallons ish just to bounce ideas back and forth. Sorry to be no help in your build process
 
I decided to use a forty breeder that I am going to partition off six inches on the side for a "sump area" my hydra is only good for thirty inches so it will be perfect. I'm currently getting a quote from a company on the acrylic
 
right on, what are your plans for inhabitance? I have found 40 gallons to challenging to stock, or at least make my mind up on what to put together. there aren't that many 40s out there that have a variety of fish, most people are doing breeder colonies. anyway good luck with it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top