New 75 gal tank after 1st tank failed

Also anyone had issues with the Neptune apex ATK? Mine has twice now dumped my 3 gallon reservoir into my tank. Luckily I thought ahead and didn’t use a very big reservoir just for something like this. Any ideal from anyone? Any help is good help I’m a newbie to apex. As in 2 weeks of ever having one.
 
I only run the canister when I need the UV. I ran it last year when the tank developed Dinos. Set it on a timer to run at night when the Dino is in the free swimming stage and I used a turkey baster to blow the dino off of everything before the lights turned off and the canister and UV turned on. I had the canister drain into the filter sock that was replaced every day. Worked like a charm because I was Dino free within a month. I'd keep the UV if I had the room under the stand, but there isn't and it was always cumbersome to work under there. I was forbidden from plumbing anything outside of the stand so that was that.
Thought I'd add a picture of how I covered the tank since we have the same one. I covered it after losing a 2nd fish to jumping. I bought the screen material from Amazon and the frame kit from Lowes. Unfortunately with a HOB overflow it's not as clean as a drilled tank with stuff hanging off the back. There is no way to cover the back section with this frame kit so I just used acrylic clear pieces and used nylon nuts and bolts to secure them to the frame.

I changed the lighting to the new Aquaticlife Hybrid fixture after this picture was taken.
lrswClWl.jpg


https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OABXY9O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
 
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That looks good the DIY light fixture looks good IMO but I’m sure your enjoying the aquaticlife fixture. How many kessil do you have over that tank? I was gonna get them but heard good and bad. How have they been for you? Yea I’ve been thinking about a screen frame for the top, but current trying to put together a stand-alone cabinet for my apex because I want that no where near salt.
 
I bought the Kessil lights because that's what the lfs had over some of their frag tanks and I loved the way they look and the shimmer. I started with 2 but added another 2 when I started adding more sps to the tank.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top