New AI Prime Fuge HD Light

Unskilled Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2018
Messages
339
Reaction score
437
Location
Chesterfield, MI
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a new build and just preordered one of the new AI Prime Fuge HD lights for my sump refugium from my lfs. I could have it as early as Friday. I am super excited to check it out!!

95D5CAAE-C6DE-4821-9DB3-5D673166F872.jpeg
 
Nice! Post a picture after mounting it for your fuge. Been eyeing one of them myself. Very curious to see it in action. ;)

Will do. Finally a new product release is on my build timing. Normally I buy something and 6 weeks later they launch something new on me, lol.
 
Will do. Finally a new product release is on my build timing. Normally I buy something and 6 weeks later they launch something new on me, lol.
I did as well. I will be testing it vs my Kessil H380.
Each section will have a 12”x12”x9” growing area, both in my fuge.
I hope it performs as well as I’m hoping!
 
I did as well. I will be testing it vs my Kessil H380.
Each section will have a 12”x12”x9” growing area, both in my fuge.
I hope it performs as well as I’m hoping!

I hope so too! At 45 watts it will be curius to see how it competes against the 90 watt kessil 380. It is 5 watts more than kessil 160 though. I am also excited to see what type of customization settings AI will give us in the app for this light.
 
Still working on the video but here are some pics. I am in the process of working on my tank build (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-unskilled-reef-build.542442/) and don’t have the sump going yet. I just filled my DT with water and attached the Prime Fuge for purposes of some photos. This is not its permanent location.

4C3F5A3C-D956-4B14-8516-0BDDE48140D7.jpeg


Here are some pics with the lights on. Each has a variation of some of the color settings. The camera doesn’t pic up as well as in person but you can still see the differences. The video I hope will show this better.

5E92B76F-F2E0-45F2-B808-6E593AE2A1DA.jpeg


2A9C48D6-BDAE-4B98-BDCA-BA552DA733E0.jpeg


9BD996EA-64C2-4FC9-A923-74E7975ED6DE.jpeg


03458430-4EED-4BF0-8309-1487AE6246F9.jpeg


51AE5216-E760-4382-8880-B22311931B55.jpeg


84443548-73D2-4DB4-957D-0B265A703FAA.jpeg


I also took some screenshots of the app controls.

A8FE6301-4588-4034-AD9F-ED41B8183B47.png


801F547E-EEBC-458D-8C30-5BB1E9C65928.png
 
I have one. Nice wide spread of light compared to the par 38, 8 watt grow bulb I was using.
Default 6k color temp. 10-10.5 inches above water at 20 watts. Par with Seneye 160 directly under light. Full power 350 to 400 Par.
Like any puck light, par drops on outsides of sump to 35-50. I need to mount differently because I have a bunch of light spill. I'm sure par will go way up.
Its working much better growing Chaeto than the 2 spectrum grow light I had. Yes I realize I'm using more watts but I think that's a wash due to 40 degree beam of par 38 bulb(over 700 par) 0227191838.jpg compared to this which is 120 to 140 degree spread?

Some thing I find odd is even with light off as long as it has power the fan runs? Maybe due to expectations of it being mounted in cabinet? Trying to keep it from accumulating moisture?
 
I also upgraded sonce I had to buy new 52HD’s above the tank wanted them all to match. I am still not sure on the settings for this light? Not finding much info on how to best adjust it. AI has not released any pre sets either.

Any of yall mind sharring what you have yours set at?
 
Default 6k color temp. 10-10.5 inches above water at 20 watts.

Working fine on its defaults with power adjusted up a bit. Cheato, hair algea, even some Xenia growing well.
I use mine opposite the main lighting schedule coming on 1 hour before main lights go out and 1 hour after main lights are on.
I adjust it based on nutrient level. Shorten time to increase tank nutrients and increase time to decrease.
 
I wanted to wait until I had ample time running the lights before I posted my comments. Things have been up and running for some time now and I am super pleased with the results!

I have my fuge divided into 4 sections and have been testing the light with a few different macro algaes.

Front is two different Chaetomorpha, back right is Dragon’s Breath and back left is Grape Caulerpa.

Here are a few pics to show growth and coloring.

Fuge started.

E00603A8-C225-4F14-A1E8-66B4B3324AC5.jpeg


343FF96A-F3FD-4EAD-93FF-4532CC268C16.jpeg


After 3 weeks. Added Grape Caulerpa and 2nd Chaetomorpha (The darker clump).

A415C107-D835-4A12-9AB5-F6E60B3BA1F5.jpeg


4A34DBFD-85DF-4935-90B9-7D7BB180917B.jpeg


6772CC6D-1481-4A8A-A341-6F73227F5886.jpeg


2ADA8373-F293-4088-B018-166295F92453.jpeg


After 5 weeks and with natural light.

B63D6B3C-A2FF-49EB-AF47-C5C9752A5C2B.jpeg


2EA8BE4E-C9A5-49CC-8C01-8278363B0E34.jpeg


0464BC0F-D8E5-46CF-8299-CABAEB831FFE.jpeg


0F6D746C-18FF-4D7F-AAD2-3EACF3EA6250.jpeg


6D5ADD1F-6C84-4642-A1ED-6DEF44944F74.jpeg


6 weeks (today)

08ECC2D9-08B9-4165-AD08-F2051E55D841.jpeg
 
Tom, you had a post last November asking for help with your very first reef tank. Now you’re saying every time you order something, they come out with something new. Which is it? Are you a new reefer or have you been a reefer since you grew up on the streets of Roseville in the 80’s
 
Tom, you had a post last November asking for help with your very first reef tank. Now you’re saying every time you order something, they come out with something new. Which is it? Are you a new reefer or have you been a reefer since you grew up on the streets of Roseville in the 80’s

You must have the wrong guy. I have no idea who Tom from Roseville is.

I started reefing in November with a Biocube. Since then I have gotten addicted to the hobby and moved on to bigger tanks. Not sure why that is such an issue for you?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top