New Apex, Kessil Light won't turn on

amoore311

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2014
Messages
438
Reaction score
622
Location
Wallkill, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded to the brand new Apex and I'm having an issue I noticed last night.

I have a Kessil A160 of my 29 Gallon Biocube. Light is plugged into port 1 on the EB32, and is using basic control for lighting.

Fallback Off
On time 14:00
Off Time 00:00

Shutdown Probe : TMP
Shutdown Value 82.0
Hysteresis : 1:00



My lights would not turn on yesterday. Reading the Fusion Screen from my phone the Display Light would still read a Status of Off. So I forced the outlet on and the light turned on. After a while yesterday I went back down stairs at 12:30am, and switched the outlet back to Auto. The light would NOT turn off -_-.

The Temp is not causing the issue. The tank is in an unheated basement, and does not go over 78 Degrees. The temp probe is reading correct and is properly calibrated.

Does anyone have any ideas for me on what to double check or how to fix this?
 
Check the Apex clock settings. You may have skipped setting the time zone for your location.

Thanks for the reply Russ. Time is correct I think......

Currently showing 11:29:xx which is correct for my time zone. That is in the orange box.

The blue box is show 8:29:xx (could that be the problem??)
 
Check the clock settings - you’ll find that the time zone is still set at the factory default of -8 (US Pacific).

You need to change it to -5 for you there in NY. Or you can just run the Clock Task in APEX Fusion.
 
Check the clock settings - you’ll find that the time zone is still set at the factory default of -8 (US Pacific).

You need to change it to -5 for you there in NY. Or you can just run the Clock Task in APEX Fusion.

Thanks Russ! I made the change lets see if that fixes the issue. As of today you've been helping me with questions on the apex for almost a decade now if not more.

Just wanted to say you are an asset to the community!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top