New frag rack very slimy should I dose bacteria?

chriss1992

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
194
Reaction score
71
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made a frag rack out of light diffuser and ever since putting it in my tank I've had huge slimy strands all over it. Even blasting them off they come back. It's almost like the rack is cycling somehow and it's ticking off all the surrounding coral. My water is testing fine nothing is out of whack but if I dosed xlm bacteria which I have from my cycle a while back would that possibly kill off these strands?
 
I never found a solution to this. You can either keep blasting it until the rack gets some coralline coverage, or give up on the light diffuser and get black egg crate that is marketed for DIY frag racks.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top