New here, my second post update on my new reef tank!!!

Gabriel Trifa

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Messages
160
Reaction score
831
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heya All,
My 2'nd post here... Planed a few weeks ago to start a reef tank.
Just received the glass for it (custom build).
I'm having second thought's... regarding the holes in the back panel (they are 4 cm in diameter) for my overflow, will they be enough?
I have a 100x50x50cm custom aquarium.
Any thought's? attached a picture also

acvariu.jpg
 
It sounds like you have a 250 liter (66 gallon) tank. What overflow box do you plan to install? Is it custom or retail overflow? Have you selected a return pump? Do you have a desired goal for water turn over in your rank?

#reefsquad
 
Forgotten to mention, itwill be custom made.
As the retur pump... Have not decide yet.
Dont rly know how powerfull should i get... Is there a min. Of The retur whater like3, 4 Times The size of your aquarium or?
 
I think those will do. Your tank is similar to Red Sea 250.
I guess your drain pipe is also 40 mm (1.25"), that makes the return pipe 20 mm (0.5 inch).

Your return pump could be a DC pump 600-800 GPH.
 
I recommended that return pump flow rate because I assumed that you would connect a few reactors or UVC or maybe a chiller to the return line. So you have to compensate the head losses.
 
i was thinking about a return pump over 800gph... thanks for the adice!!!
i dont think it wil be a problem if i buy one with more than 800 gph turn rate... i can adjust that from the in- valve...
i only hope i can get a bigger sump than 120L... that i will see after i get the custom made stand...
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top