New Life Spectrum ick shield, Snake oil?

It lasted for a few days then they broke out again. Gave in and added a bit of copper.

@Cabinetman do you have a reef tank or fish only? I have a SPS dominant reef tank so there aren’t any options for treating the tank and catching the fish is basically impossible. This was the only thing that gave me some hope but I’m worried that uneaten food might release CP into the water and wipe out my coral. Just wondering if you had coral and if they were affected and how you fed the pellets.
 
CP is only effective against the free swimming stage so feeding it to your fish basically does nothing.

I use the ick shield powder in my QT procedure at about double the recommended dose and swear by it, though.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top