New member new to reef tanks

Hi should I expect a nitrate spike in my new tank after a few days (5ppm)?
 
Yes, sort of.

The bio-waste will all eventually be turned into nitrate. In a new tank, this won't be a spike, but rather an ever increasing level. The only way to get it out of a new system with only fish is to change out some of the water.
 
IMB_UEj7O8.gif
 
Yes, sort of.

The bio-waste will all eventually be turned into nitrate. In a new tank, this won't be a spike, but rather an ever increasing level. The only way to get it out of a new system with only fish is to change out some of the water.
Once I add corals will this lower nitrates?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top