New MP40’s, couple questions!

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2022
Messages
1,759
Reaction score
1,961
Location
Lafayette Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got off my butt and installed my mp40’s I bought just before the most recent price increase. I placed them on opposite ends of a 48” 120 gallon. Unfortunately the tank has an internal weir. I placed on about 2-3” below the surface just slightly forward of the weir and the other end is 4-5” below the water line roughly 3/4 the distance from the back wall. I have the neat aquatics wide flow covers on them as suggest by my lfs manager. I set them up in reef crest default speed change 24 hours per day in anti sync. I currently have them at 100% which is 4658gph. I have a mixed reef with my sps at the top. Does this seem to be overkill for those of you who run vortechs? Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
My tank is 36x22x22 and I have 2 MP40s mounted opposite ends 3 inches below the surface. I run 28% intensity on reefcrest during the day and 20% overnight. It's SPS dominant mixed reef and my tank thrives at that flow level.
 
A bit more information…they replaced dual 4k gyres that were on the opposite ends and a pair of nero 5’s on the back wall.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top