New reefer, new skimmer help (Tunze 9004 doc dc)

maxpare79

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2020
Messages
138
Reaction score
73
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am new to the Reef world , today I installed the skimmer in my newly filled tank. The manual says to run it at full power. But when I do so the cup fills with water and foam gets out by the top of the skimmer. Is this normal? Will it stop eventually? To prevent this I have to dial it down to maybe 20%.

I installed it at the height that is written on the back.
 
New skimmers usually act up for a while during the break in period. Nothing to worry about!
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top