New regal angel, not eating yet

  • Thread starter Thread starter 125mph
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Well, I think the regal ripped off the clam meat from the shell. It was just floating around the tank. I guess thats a start. He didn't eat the meat though, or maybe got a small piece on a nibble.
 
Tried and tried again... Regal started showing interest to New Life Spectrum Thera A but strange he goes at the food and just as he is about to eat it he doesnt take it...

Then I tried SeaWeed Extreme again, and he started eating it..

Can't believe he turn down everything and now is eating pellets.
 
Tried and tried again... Regal started showing interest to New Life Spectrum Thera A but strange he goes at the food and just as he is about to eat it he doesnt take it...

Then I tried SeaWeed Extreme again, and he started eating it..

Can't believe he turn down everything and now is eating pellets.
Lol regals are funny!
 
He is eating really well now he looks pretty big, close to 4” but i noticed he has the false eye still. Does that mean he is a juvi and changing?

IMG_6706.jpeg
 
Last edited:
That generally means its still in the juvenile stage (the best stage to purchase and get eating prepared foods in my experience)
 
He is eating really well now he looks pretty big, close to 4” but i noticed he has the false eye still. Does that mean he is a juvi and changing?

IMG_6706.jpeg
Yes, that will fade and that top fin will be red and blue! This is my regal. Shes a red sea orange belly!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5091.jpeg
    IMG_5091.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 50
Gotcha. So its just a large juvi?.

Any chance this one is indo pacific and chest will turn gray? I read juvis all have yellow bellys and red sea/maldives/indian ocean stays yellow while indo turns gray?

Or is he changed enough where we are sure he is yellow belly?

I brought this labeled as "orange regal angel" and they had a regular regal angel so I assume this one is Indian ocean.
 
He is eating really well now he looks pretty big, close to 4” but i noticed he has the false eye still. Does that mean he is a juvi and changing?

IMG_6706.jpeg
Pretty sure your regal is not going to turn blue/grey belly if thats true.
Gotcha. So its just a large juvi?.

Any chance this one is indo pacific and chest will turn gray? I read juvis all have yellow bellys and red sea/maldives/indian ocean stays yellow while indo turns gray?

Or is he changed enough where we are sure he is yellow belly?

I brought this labeled as "orange regal angel" and they had a regular regal angel so I assume this one is Indian ocean.
There are markings that divide the regals. Yours is also about to leave juvenile phase.
 
Gotcha. So its just a large juvi?.

Any chance this one is indo pacific and chest will turn gray? I read juvis all have yellow bellys and red sea/maldives/indian ocean stays yellow while indo turns gray?

Or is he changed enough where we are sure he is yellow belly?

I brought this labeled as "orange regal angel" and they had a regular regal angel so I assume this one is Indian ocean.
He would already have the gray belly, he looks like a yellow belly to me!
 
Gotcha. So its just a large juvi?.

Any chance this one is indo pacific and chest will turn gray? I read juvis all have yellow bellys and red sea/maldives/indian ocean stays yellow while indo turns gray?

Or is he changed enough where we are sure he is yellow belly?

I brought this labeled as "orange regal angel" and they had a regular regal angel so I assume this one is Indian ocean.
20221121_194134.jpg
20221121_193705.jpg


The regal would've already shifted from baby yellow belly to gray before the eyespot goes away (both varieties pictured) so yours is a for sure yellow belly.
 
He is eating really well now he looks pretty big, close to 4” but i noticed he has the false eye still. Does that mean he is a juvi and changing?

IMG_6706.jpeg
Really good to hear that he is doing great for you. Beautiful Regal.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top