New Saltwater Curious Member from CO

Welcome aboard, nice FW tank!

welcome3.jpg
 
Hello everyone.

I'm Andy. I'm currently a big planted tank enthusiast, taking a look at saltwater.

My current tank is a WaterBox 6025, running an FX6 as the main filter, and an FX4 driving a Cerges-style CO2 reactor, DIY in-line heater and UV filter. I also made DIY jet pipes out of 25mm OD 304 SS tubing. Lighting provided by 2x AI Prime FWs. Plants are typical Amazonian varieties; swords, vals, emergent Hydrocotyle, and some sort of sedge I got a while back.

image1.jpeg IMG_5214.jpg
Welcome to R2R ! COme join the salty side of life, you will not regret it. This is an amazing hobby. Once you get a tank up, running and thru the "ugly phase", it is an extremely rewarding, fun, knowledge building hobby.
 
Welcome to our little piece of the reef.
That is an awesome planted tank!!
and now, here come the 2nd half of your watery adventure. A tank like that, but filled with big, swaying, colerful sea life. Can't wait to see what you build.

Welcome!!!
f127426c616cd57d67c79dfda815c596.gif
 
Here is a night time shot. One thing I love about my tank is that it is slowly becoming a true ecosystem. I have actual micro fauna living in my substrate, and snails living in the vegetation at and above waterline. I purposely added soil and pond muck from a nearby pond and stream to a 5 gallon I kept outside all summer. Added pond snails and ostracods, too. Soon it was teeming with life. At various points I’ve sucked up the sediment and mulm at the bottom and injected it into my substrate. Occasionally, I can see tiny little worms against the glass, below the substrate surface. Fish food!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5496.jpeg
    IMG_5496.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 48
Hello everyone.

I'm Andy. I'm currently a big planted tank enthusiast, taking a look at saltwater.

My current tank is a WaterBox 6025, running an FX6 as the main filter, and an FX4 driving a Cerges-style CO2 reactor, DIY in-line heater and UV filter. I also made DIY jet pipes out of 25mm OD 304 SS tubing. Lighting provided by 2x AI Prime FWs. Plants are typical Amazonian varieties; swords, vals, emergent Hydrocotyle, and some sort of sedge I got a while back.

image1.jpeg IMG_5214.jpg
Omg soooo cool!! Love it!
 
Hello everyone.

I'm Andy. I'm currently a big planted tank enthusiast, taking a look at saltwater.

My current tank is a WaterBox 6025, running an FX6 as the main filter, and an FX4 driving a Cerges-style CO2 reactor, DIY in-line heater and UV filter. I also made DIY jet pipes out of 25mm OD 304 SS tubing. Lighting provided by 2x AI Prime FWs. Plants are typical Amazonian varieties; swords, vals, emergent Hydrocotyle, and some sort of sedge I got a while back.

image1.jpeg IMG_5214.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top