New Tank - 100 Gallon Seaclear system II Set up advice

Thank you! Where do I get that piece?

i supposed I could always plug it, and drill the top of the tank for return.
I prefer not to do that. Any ideas?

Also. Do you use a standard air pump for the airline tube you have there?
 
I think you will have to hit up a plumbing/hardware store and buy a bib adapter that you can fit into that hole that the hose can attach to. I use a small usb powered air pump from amazon that I hang under the tank. Any air pump will work. Its just to provide extra oxygen for the bacteria in the bio media section.
 
https://fishtanksdirect.com/fish-tanks/fish-tanks-by-brand/seaclear-fish-tanks/seaclear-parts/ has all the spare parts there is a return kit that might include that part but all the image links are broken so I can't tell for sure. You can try asking the guys there at fish tanks direct. They might be able to help you figure it out. These are the guys I got mine from and who I ordered replacement parts from. You will want to get the filter louvre and filters as well. You should need the 24" for the 75gallon.
 
Hey,

Just came across this old thread I just bought a used 75gal seaclear system 2 used for cheap and was wondering what people have used for a skimmer. also has anyone dealt with the connection port for the return pump being completely broke off and what they did? I'm debating just plugging all the holes and drilling a hole up top to do my own return

20230122_213305.jpg
 
You can cut the bulk head out off the tank and put new one in . And do what you want. Or you can do it your way . I mean your way sounds better to me. For the return anyway.
 
Thank you do you know what kind of skimmer you could fit in these I have a remora c and the maxijet 1200 will fit if I take the filter cap off but I would like to try to keep stuff from getting into the pump
 
Curve 5 but you have to have 7 to 8 inches of water for it. Small foot print pump inside good litte work hours.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top