New tank. Wondering if cycling properly

ReeferGladness

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank, day 7. Is this where my water should be roughly?
Nitrate: 80ppm/p.H. 8.0/Nitrite: 2ppm/Ammonia .25ppm

I know I'm nowhere near ready for a fish, just wondering if it seems like it's coming along properly
 
How big is the tank and what have you used, (chemicals, bottled bacteria etc) so far? The ammonia and Nitrite seem fine for 7 days, but the Nitrate seems very high, but that could be because of the Nitrite messing with the test results. I would just let it run it's course. When Ammonia and Nitrite are 0, check the Nitrate for a more accurate reading.
 
New tank, day 7. Is this where my water should be roughly?
Nitrate: 80ppm/p.H. 8.0/Nitrite: 2ppm/Ammonia .25ppm

I know I'm nowhere near ready for a fish, just wondering if it seems like it's coming along properly

Howdy and welcome
Your numbers are fine for day 7 and day 14 . Kick back and relax
 
+1 ammonia and nitrite will drop to zero and you'll have a smaller nitrate reading
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top