New to Apex... can you one touch shut off multiple outlets?

+1 for reading the Comprehensive Reference Manual, most of your questions can be answered from the manual.

The one touch down arrow button on the Aqua Controller starts a feed mode and is a timer. Do you really want to do maintenence by a timer?

Using the Apex Fusion application from your comuter or mobile device is a better option IMO. Every outlet on your Apex energy bar can be named to whatever you want, naming it what it controls is helpful.

Each outlet has an Advanced Configuration option and is capable to control other outlets by programming statements like If and Then when set to Auto mode.

Example:
Say your main pump outlet was named MainPump and your skimmer outlet was named Skimmer.
You could add the following programming statement to the skimmer:
Set ON
If MainPump OFF Then Skimmer OFF

Set ON tells the Apex to turn ON the outlet.
If MainPump OFF Then Skimmer OFF tells the Apex when the MainPump has been selected Off, Then turn the skimmer OFF.

You can have multiple programming statements together to control several outlets if you wanted to.
 
Hello guys, I got the Apex junior for Xmas and have not done anything as well. I'm just trying to figure out whether to install it on the cabinet or a board first. The info provided hear will come in handy. : )
 
Hello guys, I got the Apex junior for Xmas and have not done anything as well. I'm just trying to figure out whether to install it on the cabinet or a board first. The info provided hear will come in handy. : )
Depends on your system, what you have to work with, and what you want it to look like. You could mount everything to a board and have excess wiring behind the board or mount everything directly to your cabinet and use some type of cable organizer to keep everything neat. Make sure the outlets are in a convenient place so everything will reach but stay dry and put the display module in a place where it is easily accessible for viewing and navigating through the menus. You may want to expand your Apex at some point, keep that in mind when you lay everything out.
 
SaltMan:

What you just said makes plenty sense. Here what I got to work with -
660ea9d9b0a289b54bc8ce277fc4cc01.jpg
3c46451726ab8580667a1758a14356bf.jpg


Not much room but will have to do. Thanks.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top