New to dosing - time of day question

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2018
Messages
1,391
Reaction score
2,211
Location
Paris
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting to dose esv b-ionic two part in my 10 gallon (around 8 gallons of actual water) tank.

Right now I’m just dosing 1ml of each component a day. My question is - is there any benefit from dosing in the morning vs at night? I guess I’d prefer to dose in the morning for my own schedule but I’m not sure if I’d be better off dosing at night for pH affects?

Also I notice some cloudiness from dosing the two part (I dose a few minutes apart in the back chamber). Is that normal?
Thanks for your help!
 
Cloudiness is normal when dosing alk, shouldnt see any when dosing CA. Dont dose at the same time. also are you sure you even need to dose? What type of corals do you have in that tank?
 
Thanks for The info on cloudiness - I am seeing a .2 reduction in dKh every day so over the week I lose 1.4 dKh before I do a water change, so I decided to start dosing. I have a mix of sps and lps corals as well as some soft coral

Any advice for dosing at night or in the morning?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top