New to forum/back into hobby after 9yr break

BrianAnthony

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2021
Messages
269
Reaction score
469
Location
Reading PA, USA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm Brian. I'm new to reef2reef. I've been an aquarist for most of my life. I recently got back into reefing after a 9yr break. I just purchased a 12 gallon GankPike nano. I'm still waiting on the dry rock to get here. Last time I was in the hobby, live rock was the most common way to go. Now, it seems dry rock is more popular. I plan on doing a fishless cycle once my rock gets here. Below is my new tank. Comments welcome!
25da004b-13a1-48a9-87d1-261bd57ecc18.jpg
 
Hi, I'm Brian. I'm new to reef2reef. I've been an aquarist for most of my life. I recently got back into reefing after a 9yr break. I just purchased a 12 gallon GankPike nano. I'm still waiting on the dry rock to get here. Last time I was in the hobby, live rock was the most common way to go. Now, it seems dry rock is more popular. I plan on doing a fishless cycle once my rock gets here. Below is my new tank. Comments welcome!
25da004b-13a1-48a9-87d1-261bd57ecc18.jpg
Hey Brian,
Welcome back.
Many here think the biodiversity of a live rock start has advantages.
 
there are ways of getting live rock with out breaking the bank. people revise their tanks and have some left over; people turn used rock into their LFS. some cure rock and do not use everything they cure.
Welcome back to the show, nice unusual tank!!
 
Welcome to R2R and back to the salty world Brian. Interesting shape of tank. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top