New to forum from Long Island NY

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
2,074
Reaction score
174
Location
Long Island, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, new to this forum. New to Saltwater portion of the hobby but have been keeping freshwater for as long as i can remember mainly planted tanks.

Currently in the process of setting up my 55g DT /20 sump in the living room and 20g DT /10 sump. Have 47 pounds of BRS reefsaver rock sitting in the living room. Just waiting on the time to go pick up ro water and salt mix. (will be ordering ro/di unit soon just dont mind spending the 50 bucks to startup both tanks since my LFS sells it for .65 a gal)

looking forward to learning from those of you that have been around for quite a bit.
 
Welcome to the forum! When you are able to please post pictures of your tanks :). Just one question. You said $50 for an RO unit? It seems that you have done your homework and know that you need good water. I have not seen an RO unit that cheap. Would you be willing to post it here and maybe we could save you some headache by not getting an incorrect one? I'm just saying like spending $50 on something that isn't going to work and then buying the one you need is a lot worse than just waiting and getting the one you need.

Anyways. Welcome to the forum! :D
 
Welcome to the forum! When you are able to please post pictures of your tanks :). Just one question. You said $50 for an RO unit? It seems that you have done your homework and know that you need good water. I have not seen an RO unit that cheap. Would you be willing to post it here and maybe we could save you some headache by not getting an incorrect one? I'm just saying like spending $50 on something that isn't going to work and then buying the one you need is a lot worse than just waiting and getting the one you need.

Anyways. Welcome to the forum! :D

Sorry! haha didnt explain it right. I meant I really just want to get the ball moving and get my tanks cycling so I will end up just buying ro water from the LFS since they sell it for .65 cents a gal and it will be just about 50 bucks to do the initial fill. But will be ordering the 75gal ro/di plus system from BRS! :smile:
 
I think he was spending $50 on RO water from lfs and buying the unit later.

Anyway welcome. I am in Westbury here neighbor :)
 
I think he was spending $50 on RO water from lfs and buying the unit later.

Anyway welcome. I am in Westbury here neighbor :)

Nice to see some others from the Island, hoping there is a good group of us around. I have a few people around i swap some freshwater stuff with hopefully I can do the same with this side of the hobby!
 
Oh okay. :) that's much better lol. Pics when it's up please!!
 
19-1.gif


Welcome to R2R!

We appreciate your membership!

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!
 
Hello and Welcome to R2R a great place full of great info and there is a reef club in your area that are pretty active you should check them out Good luck in your new adventure


Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
 
Welcome to r2r and the addiction!!!!
 
Wekcome to R2R! Would also like to see pics. Please feel free to ask questions.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top