New to R2R. 30G Rimless JBJ

FishnFriendz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2014
Messages
75
Reaction score
5
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
It takes all my courage to post my thread here. I am new to R2R, and also my tank is :neutral: This is my first nano tank 30G JBJ, it has been running since April 1, 2014. (3 mos old now). I started with live rock, live sand, and half of water from my friend's established tank. I have been learning a lot from this forum. You guys are all amazing and knowledgeable . Thanks so much for any input and advices.
1smile1
3mos.jpg
with shrimp.jpg
Jawbreaker.jpg
Unknown Zoa.jpg
frostbite.jpg
 
Nice tank so far. The aquascape is nice. You have them secured by reef putty or holes with pvc running through it? Just curious because you definitely have more patience than I will ever have to be able to do that.
 
Your tank is awesome, nicely done.

Welcome.:wave:
 
Why did you wait? :D Tank looks great! Welcome to R2R!! Nice photos as well. ;)
 
I have the same tank! I really like your aquascape. Good luck with it!
Thanks ! May I ask if you are using any media reactor? Right now I have only 2 fish, but eventually I will add 1 or 2 more, and I don't have media reactor, don't know if it will be ok or not.
 
I took this pic when all the rocks weren't glued together at all, I just barely used some epoxy couple days ago, and it was a mess...Haizzz...it changed a look also. I will post a update pic soon.
 
I took this pic when all the rocks weren't glued together at all, I just barely used some epoxy couple days ago, and it was a mess...Haizzz...it changed a look also. I will post a update pic soon.

Why did you wait? :D Tank looks great! Welcome to R2R!! Nice photos as well. ;)
I feel very happy with all of your warm welcome. I am glad to make this far :angel:
 
welcome to the forum and a beautiful little tank you have there! looks like you've chosen some nice inhabitants as well!
 
welcome to the forum and a beautiful little tank you have there! looks like you've chosen some nice inhabitants as well!
Thanks...love to meet all of you here. I find how addictive corals are...they are the first one I see in the morning, and the last one be4 I go to bed...
 
These are some pictures that I took from my cell phone in the few days after it was setup and running. I have a refugium, because I plan to have Mandarin Goby in the future (love in the first sight..lol), also installed Tunze 9004 skimmer which hasn't skim much yet. I really love zoa and SPS, so far I have Hawkins, 1 unknown acro, and a little tiny frag of Red Dragon.
photo 2.jpg
photo 1.jpg
acro.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
SWEET setup bro!
Thanks...I hope that I did it right. My challenge now is keep the water para properly, haven't figure out how much I need to dose yet. Right now I have been dosing 3ml of Cal, and 3ml of Alk daily (manually).
 
Thanks ! May I ask if you are using any media reactor? Right now I have only 2 fish, but eventually I will add 1 or 2 more, and I don't have media reactor, don't know if it will be ok or not.

I do not use any media at all. I prefer to only use sponges, a skimmer and good flow to maintain the tank. This works very well for me and I think the corals appreciate the extra nutrients. I also keep a very low bioload.
 
I have the same tank and really like the dimensions. What lights are you using?
 
I have the same tank and really like the dimensions. What lights are you using?

Sorry for a late response. I am currently using Razor 420r-160w-1600k. But my currently setting is 45%white and 55%blue @peak time for now :)
 
I do not use any media at all. I prefer to only use sponges, a skimmer and good flow to maintain the tank. This works very well for me and I think the corals appreciate the extra nutrients. I also keep a very low bioload.
Ok..so I might take out the ChemiPure elite and put a small bag of active carbon today. I will monitor it for 3 wks and see how it goes. Thanks for ur input :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top