New to R2R and the Hobby

welcome r2r.jpg
 
Hello reefers! My name is Louie and I am new to the hobby. I have wanted into this hobby for a few years now, but the fear of failing stopped me. I finally lost that fear about a little over a week ago and now here I am. I started small with a Nano AIO tank (13.5 gal) to see if I can successfully make my self a nice reef. Like I said I just started my cycle about a week ago. Anyway enough rambling. I guess I am here to say Hello, and I am sorry if I ask some noobish questions laster down the road. I hope to learn a lot here. Everyone have a great Easter Sunday!

Hi Louie and Welcome! Glad you joined. 'start where you are, use what you have, do what you can' - Arthur Ashe, tennis player..

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This might help you find people local to you if Pikeville is outside USA:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
 
Hello reefers! My name is Louie and I am new to the hobby. I have wanted into this hobby for a few years now, but the fear of failing stopped me. I finally lost that fear about a little over a week ago and now here I am. I started small with a Nano AIO tank (13.5 gal) to see if I can successfully make my self a nice reef. Like I said I just started my cycle about a week ago. Anyway enough rambling. I guess I am here to say Hello, and I am sorry if I ask some noobish questions laster down the road. I hope to learn a lot here. Everyone have a great Easter Sunday!
Welcome to reef2reef. Continue to lose the fear. Good luck
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top