New to R2R but not Reefing

  • Thread starter Thread starter JsL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
You've found an amazing group of people here! Welcome to R2R!!
IMG_1830.JPG
 
Welcome to the group. Lots if tid-bits and assistance from friendly non-arrogant members.
On your two year, increase the interest by adding spongebob and Patrick aquarium ornaments. Does wonders!
 
Wow, this is a friendly forum. Thanks everyone for the kind welcome.

I'll take some pics once I get the algae scrubbed off!

Here's my tank progression over the past 15 years:

10 gallon softy (xenia was the coolest coral when you first start right?)
29 gallon LPS
29 bio cube sps dominant (I had a 250w DE Halide over it!)
150 mixed reef - > graduated college + started career + started family - > current 150 low maintenance setup

I want to transition into a nicer and higher maintenance tank with lots of lps and lots of fish for my daughter. I want sps, but I know lots of fish and lots of sps don't go together. I will invest in some automation/monitoring to make things a little easier.

I'm looking for used lights to upgrade from my Chinese Black Box LEDs and a nicer skimmer. I currently run a JNS SK3, not bad, but want something even more powerful. ;)
 
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Let’s see some tank pics! My daughter loved the tank until about 3 now I feel like she does not enjoy it as much. I need to rope her back in so she can still get fish... :D
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top