New to salt water/reef tank

ianchad

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
45
Location
Burlington
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Currently new to salt water/reef tanks, but have a friend who lifted me a stable tank, and still trying to learn more.
Ian

17208358399514328115155304168017.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
I see alot of unhappy corals in that picture, do you test your water?
Hi,
Yes I do test my water, do at home testing and have taken it to get tested and the levels are good, would love any feed back you have though on ways to make my tank better!
 
Hi,
Yes I do test my water, do at home testing and have taken it to get tested and the levels are good, would love any feed back you have though on ways to make my tank better!
Well i dont know much about this tank to tell you what to improve on. looks like you have softie/lps corals in there. they dont need a lot of water flow/movement, in tank. also don't need strong light, For any coral, you need appropriate, light, flow, and water chemistry,
 
Well i dont know much about this tank to tell you what to improve on. looks like you have softie/lps corals in there. they dont need a lot of water flow/movement, in tank. also don't need strong light, For any coral, you need appropriate, light, flow, and water chemistry,
Currently have a Kessel light, have an aquatop pump pumping the water back up from the sump, as well as a power head for additional flow in the tank, been doing weekly water changes, the duncan coral, and two acan coral, the live rock, clownfish and royal gramma as well as the substrate came with the tank, have been adding some more of the coral as I go. Have had some red sea lettuce start to grow as well
 
To start, Welcome to R2R! Out of curiosity, how old is your tank?
My friend had the tank for years, was in the process of a move and needed to rehome it as they didn't have the time to care for it, I have had it for a few months now
 
Welcome! I agree that you have unhappy corals.(unless they just haven’t woken up yet or are on their way to bed) Make a thread in the “New To Saltwater” section and post tank pics along with information about your water parameters, equipment and equipment settings and we’ll try to get those corals opened up for you.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top