- Joined
- Apr 22, 2019
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 2
- What state or country do you live in
- Michigan
To start off I have multiple aquariums ranging from 75-125 gallons (not apposed to going larger if needed). I've had all sorts of Amphibians, reptiles, mammals, freshwater critters, etc. and am now looking to begin a Saltwater aquarium.
Obviously, a saltwater aquarium is much more complex and as I read more the complexity only grows. Factors such as individual fish temp requirements, predatory species, and overall difficulty.
Simply put, I want a tank with an awesome assortment of critters in a saltwater tank that can live together. With this, I'd like to know what makes certain species difficult and what you'd recommend. Mainly WHAT YOU'D RECOMMEND.
I'm very much not into plain fish. I've been looking into: Seahorses, Sting Rays (noted as extremely difficult in captivity), Eels, Shark (little), Shrimp, Crab, Pufferfish, and Jellyfish. I know most of these are deemed "difficult" - What kind of setup could I look into to maximize the species count? I would prefer to have an assortment versus one ****** eel but I'm incredibly new and open.
example: eel that doesn't target crabs/shrimp, pufferfish, with a jelly or two. Species of each that can live within the same temp
Obviously, a saltwater aquarium is much more complex and as I read more the complexity only grows. Factors such as individual fish temp requirements, predatory species, and overall difficulty.
Simply put, I want a tank with an awesome assortment of critters in a saltwater tank that can live together. With this, I'd like to know what makes certain species difficult and what you'd recommend. Mainly WHAT YOU'D RECOMMEND.
I'm very much not into plain fish. I've been looking into: Seahorses, Sting Rays (noted as extremely difficult in captivity), Eels, Shark (little), Shrimp, Crab, Pufferfish, and Jellyfish. I know most of these are deemed "difficult" - What kind of setup could I look into to maximize the species count? I would prefer to have an assortment versus one ****** eel but I'm incredibly new and open.
example: eel that doesn't target crabs/shrimp, pufferfish, with a jelly or two. Species of each that can live within the same temp



