New to the game, looking for opinions

Nightfyre

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2022
Messages
30
Reaction score
39
Location
Scotia, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all!

New to the hobby, I recently picked up a 90 gallon tank. Atleast in the beginning, I will be setting it up as a FOWLR tank, and will be slowly picking up equipment. I was hoping for people more knowledgeable than I to look over list of things I am looking to acquire. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks!

1) Eshopps HOB PF-800/1200 or a lifereef HOB
2) A 40 gallon breeder tank with fuji cube baffle kit
3) Bubble Magus Z-7 skimmer
4) Ozonizer
5) UV Sterilizer
6) Heater(s)
7) Hydrometer
8) RODI unit
9) Testing kit(s) - Hanna
10) Powerhead(s)
11) Live sand (approx 90lbs for 2" bed)
12) Thermometer
13) Return pump (gph?)
14) Dry rock 100-125lbs
 
Welcome to the hobby it is super fun and very costly
disney channel hello GIF
 
As for return pump I use a Sicce syncra silent with 185gph. it works fine for my 29 aio. actually to well... it also drives my pipe skimmer. should work fine for your tank I think...
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top